Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
It’s a rarity that I will post someone else’s recipe, but these are just too good not to share! I admit, I never would have thought to add banana to cookies, but it is a delicious (and healthy!) addition.
The only major changes I made, were to un-veganize them. I don’t consider soy milk to be a ”real food” by my definition, and thus I used good ol’ cows milk. I also subbed honey for agave nectar (which in my opinion is super-processed as well). The chocolate chips I chose were Ghirardelli 60% cacao chips. Soooo tasty!
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ c chocolate chips
- ¼ c walnuts
- Generous pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Use a tablespoon to portion cookies on a greased baking sheet, approximately 1-2 inches apart. (This recipe for me made 23 TINY cookies).
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!